Lauren in Morocco

This Blog has no direct association with the Peace Corps.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Swearing In Ceremony

Today we had our swearing-in ceremony and we are finally volunteers. You have to go through 2 1/2 months of training to swear-in and we just completed our training. We have been in a really large, extremely modern city and have been able to swim in the hotel pool and have a little free time. There were a few of us with the highest scores in language and we just decided to draw names out of the four of us and my name wasn't drawn out of the hat so I didn't get to give the speech. I am however, the Gender and Development Representative for our staging group. There is one elected each time a group swears in, so there are 6 in-country that represent about 150 volunteers. I will be able to travel to Rabat three or 4 times a year to work on gender camps and have meetings with administration and maybe the US ambassador. I will also work with the other 5 volunteers to create GLOW camps (girls leading our world or guys.) I leave for my site tomorrow, wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home